This institution welcomes girls between the ages of 6 and 14, who go there to receive help and comprehensive care in various areas, such as educational and family and social, thus preparing them to meet the challenges they face daily.
The period established for the development of the different activities in this project is from September to July.
The tasks with which the volunteer can help are:
- Guided homework for elementary level students
- Reinforcement in academic subjects: social studies and natural sciences, mathematics, English, etc.
- Teaching crafts such as painting, sewing, embroidery, weaving, etc.
- Help in the orchard with planting, harvesting and maintenance.
- Assistance in the kitchen preparing the food
- Help serving lunch.
RESOURCES: The house has the materials, space and basic infrastructure to carry out the different tasks within the institution.
LOCATION: The house is located in “San Isidro del Inca” neighborhood, in the Northeast area of Quito, this sector is one of the most vulnerable in the city.