The student can successfully carry out the following language functions:
BEGINNER LEVEL A1
- Understand and use basic expressions of everyday use.
- Request and provide simple information to speakers who talk slowly and are willing to repeat or reformulate utterances.
- Express satisfaction or dissatisfaction in a simple way.
BEGINNER LEVEL A2
- Basic survival transactions related to immediate needs such as obtaining information (instructions, indications, specific data), shopping, handling appropriately travel situations, transportation, and communication situations of low complexity.
- Describe past situations, the student’s environment, and express needs in a simple way.
- Understand phrases and expressions of frequent use related to relevant contexts (family, places of interest, occupation, etc.)
INTERMEDIATE LEVEL B1
- Understand the general idea of texts written in standard language regarding daily life or work related topics, and subjects that are of the student’s interest.
- Describe experiences, events, plans, and give opinions on different daily life matters.
- Perform frequent transactions (purchases, banks, use of services, etc.) with a certain confidence and get clarifications or precise details from the speaker with whom the communication situation takes place.
INTERMEDIATE LEVEL B2
- Understand the main ideas of complex or abstract texts within the student’s field of knowledge.
- Perform daily life transactions that go beyond survival situations such as complaints, bargaining, making appointments on the phone, asking for explanations, etc.
- Interact appropriately and without effort with native speakers with sufficient fluency and spontaneity.
- Overcome the difficulties found during the communicative exchange with native speakers and express satisfaction or dissatisfaction with the results obtained.
- Perform complex transactions that require the understanding and expression of instructions of greater difficulty in routine or unusual communicative situations.
- Produce and comprehend extensive and complex texts understanding details and implicit information.
- Carry out all sorts of transactions obtaining detailed information from various sources and overcoming the inconveniences that these interactions may bring along.
- Perform with absolute solvency in more complex communicative situations such as contingencies and emergencies and help others solve problems should they require it.
- Express with great fluency the degree of satisfaction or dissatisfaction in a transaction making use of the different linguistic resources that the student possesses with great precision and ease.
- Understand practically everything the student hears or reads and reformulate information in an accurate, coherent and synthesized way.